Monday, March 7, 2016

My kindness shall not depart from thee

We sang this song in my ward choir this past month and I have absolutely fallen in love with the music. I listen to this when I am feeling at my worst. It makes me feel warm and safe and loved. Pay close attention to the lyrics, they are absolutely stunning. 

It comes from Isaiah 54: 10.

10 For the amountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the bcovenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this song. I sang it in high school and have always felt the spirit when I listen to it. It gives such comfort to me as well. This is such a good example of good media that needs to be spread all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is massively important to me. My friend, Carmody, passed away suddenly from liver failure. A choir sang this song at her funeral. Unfortunately, her path wasn't to be a permanent presence in my life, but God stayed with me and her loved ones in that time, and that really lifted the burden we felt heavily. We still miss her, but we know she's doing amazing work on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved this song ever since I first heard it. I believe I was in seminary and I remember highlighting the scripture that goes a long with the song. Thank you for sharing. It is a good reminder of the Savior's love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed this song today. It's a great reminder that our savior lives and he will always be with us. Music has a way of touching my heart unlike anything else. :) Thanks for sharing and making my day better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin wrote this song! Another good one of his is "He is Jesus Christ". Most often, I find that I can share my testimony the best through music. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete