Friday, November 13, 2009

Catching Fire!

So...I finished another two books this week! I told you I love to read! It's how I relax. This first one was "Catching Fire", which was the sequal to the Hunger Games. (Thanks to Sarah Gilbertson for letting me borrow this!!) Similar to the Hunger Games, I couldn't put it down! And similar to the Hunger Games, I can't believe it ended where it did! Now, I have to wait for the next one.



And here is what I really need to analyze about myself: The Hunger Games themselves (which take up a good portion of the book) are all about killing others so you can survive. You'd think I'd be a bit more uneasy about this book as I study media aggression!! Maybe I'm a bit more accepting because the Hunger games themselves are so controversial and portrayed as such a negative thing for society.

I also read "The Help", a novel about black women who worked as maids for white women during the 1960s.

VERY interesting! We actually read it for my book club and are going to discuss it tonight, so I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. If you keep blogging about books, I might go broke and fail classes. I went and bought Nineteen Minutes this afternoon and am already on page 150... I'll have to wait to read these other books until after I graduate in December :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both sound like really interesting books...I think I might have to make some suggestions to my book club... :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete