Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Music to my ears!

Nathan was playing on starfall.com tonight, a GREAT website that focuses on early reading skills. There is a place that you can go on that will play excerpts of classical music. He played a bit of Beethoven's 9th Symphony, and then came running in to me.

"MOM! Did you hear that song?"

"Yeah" I said.

"Well...it reminds me of you", said Nathan.

"How come?" I asked.

"Because it is soft and beautiful, and you are soft and beautiful too".

This almost made me cry! I've been feeling a little less than beautiful in recent weeks so leave it up to a 5 year old to say exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Nathan! I love you!

Picture of Nate at his preschool "graduation". What a sweetheart!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Coyne! I wrote my letter last semester to Abercrombie and Fitch about their advertisements and they wrote me back a letter. They thanked me for sharing my opinions and complaints about their ads (I wrote how I don't agree with the sexuality of their ads). Just thought I'd let you know! Hope all is well!
    Nicole Lindsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. he is darling! and that is so sweet of him to say that!

    ReplyDelete