Friday, January 16, 2015

Good times with Téa

I've been really getting into the show Madam Secretary lately. My husband says he pretty sure it was made just with me in mind. This is why I love it!

1. Strong, powerful, moral female lead character
2. Intellectual dialogue and topics
3. NOT trashy!
4. About politics, which is something I'm very much interested in now (thank you West Wing!)


It stars Téa Leoni who is FANTASTIC. This made me want to rewatch one of my favorite movies, The Family Man. It came from Netflix last night and my husband and I watched it even though I was dead tired after work. Apart from one sketchy shower scene that definitely earns it's PG-13 rating, I would highly recommend this! It is very rare in today's media that traditional family values, such as marriage and children, are emphasized this much. It makes me stop and realize what REALLY is important in my life. It all comes down to family. Without my family, I would be nothing. Especially without Paul, who is my rock, my equal, and the love of my life. 


So thank you Téa for some good times lately - they almost make up for ruining my life in Jurassic Park 3 :) 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Family Man. I love shows that portray a marriage, man and woman, kids & family. I call that normal. What is sad is that a great deal of TV shows now are not normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that show as well. I think it is a good reminder that through all the busyness of life, family is the most important. Not many shows today portray that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea is quite the lady. Hate to disagree with you, but I actually liked her in JP 3. Strong mother wanting to save her son by going to a dinosaur inhabited island...not bad ;)
    Family Man is one of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies. It teaches me the value of family and how it overcomes desire or value of money. Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only seen one episode of Madam Secretary, my mother-in-law really likes the show and so I watched it with her. I enjoyed the show, I might have to watch more. My mother-in-law told me that she really likes it because it portrays a husband and wife who actually like each other. I thought that was interesting because there are so many shows with inter-marital affairs and so it is refreshing to watch a show where the couple stay true and devoted to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched either of those shows, but I was reminded of Last Man Standing. My husband and I love that show. It's funny, clean, and entertaining. There's just something different about that show from other comedies about families.

    ReplyDelete