Wednesday, February 4, 2015

TV shows for couples?

One of the (many) ways that Paul and I bond is through the media. I'm not kidding when I tell you that The West Wing is almost sacred in our family! (P.S. If I haven't sold you on it yet, did I tell you that Gus from Psych got his big start on this show? Well....now you know. Reasons 945 to check out this most awesome show ever)


We've watched many a good show together, with some favorites being Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights, Seinfeld, Friends, House, Grey's Anatomy, The Good Wife, and more. But we are on a super lull....we've tried out a few shows recently and are struggling to find something that we BOTH like. I can only tolerate so many "car shows"  and "shows about food" and he just couldn't really get into "Scandal" (seriously....the most trashy show I watch! I need to rethink my entire life). So I'm turning to you - wise audience that you are - for some suggestions. What are some TV shows you've seen that are fun to watch as a couple? 

13 comments:

  1. Chuck and White Collar are both REALLY good shows! That said, I have never watched either as a member of a couple...so, there's that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leverage! Watch Leverage! It's like Ocean's 11 + Robin Hood. Bonus: it's pretty clean. Sad truth: there are only 5 seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherlock was always a winner when I was dating a girl a year ago. Super good! Also Psych.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will put in my 2 cents and a plug for Parenthood. I LOVE it. But, like Rebecca, I don't have any experience with watching it as a couple. I think my sister and her husband watch it together though, and they love it. Maybe its worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. White Collar, Leverage, Last Man Standing, Doctor Who. My husband and I love all these shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have watched almost every show you listed! (minus Grey's and House, we don't do well with medical shows beyond Scrubs haha). We liked Chuck and White Collar as well. What we enjoy almost as much as West Wing is watching documentaries that get us thinking and talking about our opinions on big issues. Or documentaries about cute animals, you can't go wrong with those. I think our next venture is Downton Abbey. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to start watching The West Wing now if it has Gus from Psych! Psych is one of my all time favorites! My wife and I have really liked The Flash and Smallville... besides super hero shows though... White Collar, Psych, Sherlock, Once Upon a Time, and Shark Tank to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan and I love watching shows together! We just finished watching the last season of Chuck and loved it! Some of our other favorites over the years have been Lost, Smallville, Frasier, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Last Man Standing, Parenthood, Once Upon a Time... All really good! :) Good luck! I hope you find one you both enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coincidentally, I also wrote a blog post this week about watching TV as a couple - ha! Two of our favorites have been Melissa and Joey, and Parenthood. Honestly, I think we liked them because we are such family studies nerds and we liked analyzing their families and how they handled things/parented. But they are both great shows! Melissa and Joey is more of a light-hearted comedy; Parenthood is more deep and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Husband and I watched the Merlin series together. The most recent one on Netflix! Oh we loved it, it was hard to stop watching. We both love that style of show though, the adventure and magic and fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My family watches An Idiot Abroad at family reunions. It is comedic and you don't need to be paying full attention to it to be able to enjoy it. You also don't need to watch it in order, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete