Monday, March 2, 2015

Chicken Little Saves the Day!

This was really cute.

Last week I was having a rough day. I had a killer day at work and then a killer day at home. I had just put the kids to bed and was lying on my bed, kind of lethargically. My eldest, Nate, came in and asked what was wrong. I told him I had just had a really bad day and was tired. He started scratching my back (which is what I do for him when he is sad) and gave me a big hug and said, "you know what, mom? Today was only one day. And it's over. And tomorrow is a totally new day and you get to start all over!" I was super impressed by his insight and asked him why he thought of that. His answer: Chicken Little (the movie).




Well, wherever the source, this message totally made my day. I gave him a hug and walked him to his room, tucked him in again and gave him a kiss. He smiled and said, "I think I should give you a pep talk every night". Definitely, kid. Definitely.

10 comments:

  1. How cute is this! When I used to teach at a preschool, I heard some of the sweetest (and craziest) things from my kids. It's amazing how sometimes kids know the perfect thing to say - even if it's from a movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...priceless. Thanks for keepin' it real. First, I think you are AMAZING. You do so much and are an incredible influence on so many, that the fact that you, too have bad days is weirdly comforting! Second, media quotes have gotten our family through many a bad day. Our go-to "pep talk" lines usually come from either "Emperor's New Groove" or "The Andy Griffith Show;" (specifically, pretty much anything Barney Fife says is good for a laugh, and Andy's wise life-lessons are timeless.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! Thank you for sharing. I think we could all use a pep talk like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest!!! Yay for Chicken Little and your cute son!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! It's interesting to see what each kid picks up from movies. Sometimes it's totally on-point and sometimes I have no clue what the connection is. Little kid minds rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is gonna change the world. I vote for him for President. He should join up with Kid President on YouTube. You got yourself a good kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT IS SO CUTE! What a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the insights that children share. Their understanding of life can be so simple and yet so deep. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete