Saturday, February 27, 2016

Best media couples?

Sorry I have been a little M.I.A. these days - February has been busy! I am the MFHD graduate coordinator and Feb is our busiest month. It is Saturday right now and I finally have a little time to breathe, so I thought I would do a quick blog post.

I got this Christmas present for my husband, Paul, this year. The glare is a little bad, but you get the idea. We like to watch TV shows together and these are some of our favorite couples from some of our favorite programs including The West Wing, Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and of course a whole lot of Disney.



I think my favorite media couple of all time is Eric and Tammy Taylor from Friday Night Lights. They have a realistic marriage, with trials and problems, but they are also extremely supportive and caring to each other. I remember once Paul and I were in the middle of an argument. We had kind of stomped off to our separate rooms and Paul came back and said something about an episode we had just watched where Eric and Tammy have an argument, but they were able to work it out in a really beautiful way. This inspired him and he came to fix things pretty quickly.



I really do think that media can be inspiring. There is almost no research on media and romantic relationships, but I suspect there is some sort of effect. I just need to do the study now.......

Who are your favorite media couples and why???

7 comments:

  1. I love the gift you got your husband. That is so cute! My favorite media couple is Anna and Bates from Downton Abbey. They are a great example of a couple that has gone through so much together, but no matter what they love and support each other. They truly love each other, no matter the other person's faults or past, and even when the other person is wrongfully accused, they stick with them. My husband and I wanted to dress as Anna and Bates this past Halloween, but decided to dress up as another great media couple instead, Carl and Ellie from UP. I think everyone can agree that they are also a great media couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the gift you got your husband! I agree that Meredith and Derek, and Luke and Lorelei are great media couples. I have to say my absolute favorite though are Haley and Nathan from One Tree Hill. I just loved watching their tv relationship unfold as I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite media couple is Jim and Pam from "The Office". I just adore their love story -it's real. Jim fought for her and never gave up, it's just a testament that true love always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome gift! The first couple that comes to my mind is Cory and Tapanga from Boy Meets World. Not sure if they are my favorite, but very well known in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe because he loves her as a whole person and doesn't try to push her to do what he wants. And they both show enormous respect for each other. And they are willing to make scary sacrifices once they realize that all they really want is to support each other through the rest of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite romantic couple in media are Aragorn and Arwen from Lord of the Rings. The reason why is because they are completely committed to each other, they share their fears with each other and then comfort and support one another. The respect one another and hold each other in the highest regards. To me it is the ultimate form of mutual respect, high regard, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail." I think they have such a fun dynamic between the two of them and it is easy to tell that they really love each other despite their past issues with each other.

    ReplyDelete