Tuesday, October 23, 2018

#metoo and airplanes

For someone who had my own #metoo toxic moment on a plane ride this year, this was pretty triggering and upsetting for me. 


This follows on with exactly what we were talking about in class yesterday. When the most powerful individual in the United States sends the message that it is okay to grope women....well, we have a problem. Yes, this man is responsible for his own behavior, and he likely was just using Trump as a scapegoat, but STILL. The fact that this is even a possibility makes my heart ache - both for the men and women of America. 



2 comments:

  1. Ooof! Yikes! This really bothers me for many reasons. The sexual assault alone bothers me in and of itself but the fact that this person blames it on Trump is frustrating. It is frustrating to me that someone takes advantage of another person while not accounting for their own actions. I think there might be a connection between denying one's own accountability and their justification of such violating, unjust acts of assault. I often wonder what internal mechanisms are at work when one acts on an impulse that seems to ignore the rights, privacies, respect, humanity of other people.

    ReplyDelete