Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confessions of an abusive mother

I was talking to Nathan (age 5) last night.

(How cute is this kid??)


One of his friends had gone to another friend's house without asking. Nate said, "Mom, remember when I did that?"

Me: "Yeah, you got in big trouble! You should never leave the house without asking me first"

Nate: "Oh yeah. That was the time you smacked me in the face, right?"

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

I have NEVER hit my children, in fact, it's something I feel really strongly about, so I was completely flabbergasted.

Me: "What are you talking about?!? I've never hit you!"

Nate put his hand up to chin, making a thinking face, and then said, "Oh, that's right. It wasn't you. I saw it on "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs"! Sorry!"



Thank you frickin' meatball show!! I wonder what other "memories" my kids have after watching movies!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What an influence the media has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! Who would have thought that a movie could have such an impact!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! That's horrible! I wonder how often that happens that children replace reality with movies like that! Especially when it's a movie made FOR children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! That's so funny! And Nathan is too cute for his own good. I still think he looks very European (whatever that means).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, interesting. It would be fascinating to be able to see a complete picture of what is hapenning with kids while they use media.

    ReplyDelete