Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Classic Video Game Night!!

I was getting ready to go to Relief Society last week, when my sister Janelle randomly stopped by.

"Janelle, I am going to Relief Society!"

"Whatever, sisters are forever: Relief Society is not. You have to stay"

So, after listening to my devil sister, I skipped RS, and we ended up playing video games ALL NIGHT!

Janelle had found our very old Super Nintendo and had somehow got it to work. She brought two of my favorite games when I was a kid: Donkey Kong Country, and Yoshi's Island!!!



I am not good at video games, and have never really been into them, but I LOVED playing these! We seriously played for hours. And I'm not gonna lie: I rocked that Diddy Kong! Total walk down memory lane. Hooray for Super Nintendo (and sisters who drove all the way from SLC just to play video games with me!!!)

Me and Janelle at our soccer game last summer! Thanks for the fun night Nelly!!!

3 comments:

  1. K Super Nintendo is the only game system we even had and we still, every Christmas, without fail spend great amounts of time playing this exact game! It's the only game I am good at and have you ever played yoshi's tetras attack?? Not gonna lie I am ridiculously good. I can even beat Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donkey Kong, was such an awesome game! Did you know if you go to the select a game screen, highlight erase, then hold SELECT and press B, A, R, R, A, L then you get 50 lives!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha....devil sister? Sisters are forever, what's devily about that statement? And you forgot another important factor...PEESHA!!! It was mostly her idea anyway. When we had to drive all the way out to west mountain to get a super nintendo controller and I felt that would be too insane she said whatever Nelly, let's go, we'll talk it will be fun. So really Alicia inspired the whole sisters are forever thing.

    ReplyDelete