Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Feeling gleeful...

My new favorite program is Glee.

If you are not familiar with the program, it is about a glee class in high school. They sing and dance a lot in the show! My husband got me into this (no, he isn't gay I promise!) I recently watched two episodes on Hulu. One was really good, the other not so much.

1. THE POWER OF MADONNA: This episode was all about Madonna, and really focused on several main characters' decisions about whether or not to lose their virginity. Some did, others didn't, but overall, I wasn't too impressed with how they dealt with the issue.

2. HOME: The main theme of this was feeling beautiful no matter what you look like. One character (who happens to be overweight) gets on the cheerleading team, where she promptly is told to lose 10 pounds. After severely dieting, she decides to rebel (and ends up singing that Christina Aguilera song, "Beautiful" to the whole school!) Yes, VERY cheesy (I think that's the point of the whole show!!), but a great message to adolescents.

PLUS, Kristin Chenowith guest starred in the episode. Love her!

3 comments:

  1. glee is great! it is somewhat frustrating that they throw in the "not so good" episodes every now and then, but i agree that HOME had a great message. it's true that it was cheesy...my friends and i commented that the entire school singing "Beautiful" never would've happened at our high schools. truth is, it probably wouldn't happen at ANY high school but it definitely got the point across that "you are beautiful...not matter what they say."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Home was an awesome episode, and I may have to give it a try. I just stopped watching Glee because I felt like several episodes in a row were more like the other episode you described. I wasn't terribly impressed with what I thought was some rather unnecessary sex and sexual references. Maybe it's changed some since I stopped watching. But what I've heard from several people, Home seems like a good one to watch.

    I do love their music, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually liked the Madonna one better. I just love Sue Sylvester. She, and the blonde cheerleader have the best lines in that show.

    ReplyDelete