Saturday, May 29, 2010

Minivan mania...

We are now proud owners of the one word that strikes fear into the heart of every dad who still thinks he can pull off "cool".....MINIVAN!!!

After 6 hours at the dealership today, and countless searches on the Internet, we now own a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country! We can't fit three carseats in the back of our car, so this was kind of a necessity. Paul fought it tooth and nail. He doesn't exactly fit the "Utah mold" so he thought this was the first step into darkness. Just bring on the jean shorts and white socks and he'll be a full on "Utah-tard" (his words, not mine)! But after weeks of me trying to convince him, he finally gave in!

Here is the beast itself!


The reason I can post this on my media blog, is because the Internet played a HUGE role in getting this car. I found the dealer through the Internet, searched for how much we can finance, and then directly transferred our down payment to the dealer from our online banking account. Thank you new media for making the process just a little easier!

4 comments:

  1. That's exactly how we (or my husband) found my minivan.. with the internet. I was also against getting a minivan.. I wanted a F-150, but he insisted. The process was a lot easier, and there was a picture online, and it all worked out. I'm now a part of the Ute Nation... never a Utard :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a surprisingly attractive van. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online bill pay has made cash an almost non existent necessity. I wish i could pay my tithing online! I swear it is the next step...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new car. I HATE car shopping and the internet can really help out. We used it a lot when we were getting a car ourselves. Isn't it great to be done?

    ReplyDelete