Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Reality of Reality TV

If you haven't seen this yet, the news picked up one of my studies recently.

The LA Times (and others) recently ran a story about some of my research. Essentially, it was a study about aggression on reality TV (there is tons!). The study was called "Does Reality Backbite?" and found that some reality TV shows have insane amounts of aggressive behavior when looking at non-physical forms. The Apprentice was BY FAR the worst!!! Below are some of the pictures from the press release.

I don't know who this is. They tried to set this picture up with me as the model and with Paul's hands trying to choke me, but I couldn't stop laughing, let alone look scared! So, we have random guy in the picture instead of me!



The one of me is not super good; the photographer wouldn't let me smile so I just look stoned or something!



Here is the link to the article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2010/05/reality-tv-aggressive-acts-study.html

Who knows if Simon Cowell's insults are really harmful to us (realistically, I just think they are funny...which on reflection this is probably not a good thing!), but moral of the story is to be careful what you watch!

2 comments:

  1. I know that random kid! I met him through a mutual friend...anyways...his name is Bubba (well, everyone calls him Bubba...I think his real name is Brandon) and he is in the Communication dept and I think is studying aggression as well! Look how popular you're becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting article especially considering how much I enjoy reality TV!

    ReplyDelete