Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Macey's

Usually I despise shopping. Let's face it, with three young children, I usually leave the store feeling angry, frustrated, and exhausted. Today was different.

We were at Macey's food store in Spanish Fork. I had a complaint about some chicken I had previously bought. The store manager, Bill, came to talk to me. Even though I didn't have the receipt, or the chicken, he completely replaced the product. He even walked me over to the meat aisle, opened a sealed box for me to look in, and then loaded it in my cart. And later at the checkout, they were short on baggers. So Bill pitched in and bagged my groceries for me! I left the store feeling relaxed, taken care of, and a Macey's fan for life!



This is in stark contrast to an experience I had at Walmart about a year ago. In this case, I waited in their customer service line for 30 minutes only to be told that if I didn't have the receipt then it wasn't their problem.

Now why is this about media??? Okay, this is probably a stretch, but after this experience, I wanted to tell everyone I know to shop at Macey's! I posted it on Facebook so my 500+ friends could see it, posted it on my personal blog, and now have posted it here. I also went to the Macey's website and emailed my experience to the corporate office. Isn't technology wonderful that it allows me to reach so many people almost in almost an instant?

GREAT customer service is rare these days, but if you want a truly exceptional shopping experience, then go to Macey's!!!

4 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you, Dr. Coyne. Especially with big companies like Wal-Mart, it is hard to find someone who really cares about your experience as a customer. I can't tell you how many times I have seen friends/family who tell people about bad or good experiences they have on facebook or blogs, or even just word of mouth! I never really thought about this being a type of media! I'm glad you had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome thing about Macey's... they have the little car attached to the cart. It's the only time my daughter will actually stay sitting while I shop! When we pass Macey's she always points and says, "CART, YES, CART!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now shop at Macey's. From where I live Walmart is just too much of a trip that it's not worth it. Also, I find the people at Macey's to be a lot more considerate. Walmart people are crazy! In fact, it was because I had a cousin post on her FB about her experience at Macey's vs. Walmart that I first started going to Macey's instead. So, it worked on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree to both. Macey's always has better produce and enough check stands open than Wal-Mart. I also find it amazing that because of the internet I am able to get the attention of hundreds of people within seconds. In fact I recently watched a news segment where a woman's life was saved because she posted something on Facebook and several friends called the police within minutes of the post going up. The internet is certainly an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete