Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cigarette packaging in the USA

I heard this on the radio yesterday!

Apparently the US Court of Appeals is going to hear a case proposing putting graphic images on cigarette packaging in the United States, exactly what we talked about in class earlier this week! The images definitely don't seem as graphic as some I've seen. Here is one example:




From what I've heard, the case probably won't be approved because of First Ammendment Rights, but we'll see....

So interesting that we were JUST talking about this, and then I hear it in the news that same week!

3 comments:

  1. I WISH they would put images on cigarette packs! I think it's a wonderful idea but I'm sure some large group of people will try and fight it..like always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great!!!! and interesting that we just talked about it! I'm happy about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still though... the warning is a little vague, just like the ones on the alcohol advertisements we had in class. It seems a little like a "smoke cigarettes responsibly" campaign, i.e. not around kids. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete