Friday, February 3, 2012

Tangled time

Tonight Paul and Nate were out, so it was just me and little ones this evening. While I was making dinner Hannah put on her Disney CD, changed into a dance outfit and just went to town! She put on the song, "I see the light" from Tangled and really danced her little heart out. I danced all throughout my childhood and adolescence, and it makes my heart so happy to see my little girl twirl!

Hannah dancing!


After I put Aidan down for his sleep, Hannah decided that she wanted to watch Tangled (can you tell we are a bit Disney obsessed? Those of you on my Disney Princess project will so understand this!)First, in honor of all the hair in the movie, I gave Hannah a little haircut. She still wanted it long like Rapunzel so I only took a bit off.

After the haircut...it's more even than it looks!


Then, we made smoothies, cuddled on the couch, and then put the show on. I seriously love Tangled!



Okay, I'm not thrilled that we have yet another blonde, thin, princesses, but Rapunzel has so many great qualities; she is loyal, brave, self sacrificing, kind, persevering, and she's just so darn cute! I love the music and the entire movie is visually breath-taking! Hannah ended up falling asleep cuddled up next to me, and I was thankful for Disney for helping us have a wonderful night in!

5 comments:

  1. Tangled is one of my absolute favorites. Good choice! I also think mommy-daughter dates are the best! I'm sure she'll remember that night forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tangled! My husband and I sang the song, "At Last I See the Light" at our wedding! Yes, we are that cheesy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats too cute, what a good mommy! We played that song over and over for 2+ hours at my nieces birthday party and had lots of dancing princesses running around! Glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay my mom and i still do this. princess costume and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that movie for the first time a little while ago, and I absolutely love it too! And I totally agree with you on how great she is! :)

    ReplyDelete