Thursday, March 29, 2012

Murder Mystery Party

Last weekend I threw my sister, Laura, a surprise Murder Mystery Party! She was turning 30 so I knew I had to step up my game!

Luckily, I found a great website: www.dinnerandamurder.com and found the perfect murder mystery. The website is great: they give you all the character backgrounds, evidence, "weapons", confidential information, instructions, nametags, and more. There was even an online RSVP center where you could manage the party! It was NOT free, which is the only way it could have been better!

Here are some pictures of the party! The theme was the 1920s, and we had a blast getting all dressed up! Enjoy!

My sister the birthday girl! She was totally surprised!


Just some of the many decorations



Okay, my dad was HILARIOUS! He is generally very straight laced and serious, but he totally got into his "role" as an Italian mob boss. He did an accent the entire night and totally cracked us up!



My dad and Paul...partners in crime.


I totally could have lived in the 20s! LOVE the clothes!



Me and Paul...who ended up dying! SAD!


The boys...and my sister Marlena who ended up playing a boy!


The girls...how I love you all!


So, if you've never done one of these, they are a TON of fun, so have a look at the website for your next party! Also, a TON of work (I was there for hours decorating!) but it was seriously a blast!

P.S. I was NOT the murderer! :)

10 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Your costume is fabulous. :) So, when I've done these before, I've noticed that the content can get a little sketchy. Are the ones from that website more clean? Because they are seriously so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do this! Jealous! And I totally agree about the 20s. I think I was born in the wrong era . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, the website I went to has an "M" version (mature) and a "T" version (teen) of the same game. We ended up getting the "T" version and it was pretty clean. And I just realized that this fits in well with our ratings lecture we had today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to plan a murder mystery. I will have to check this website out. And I loved all of the costumes! :)(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness that looks like it was SO much fun! and you and your husband looked great! what a fun idea, i will have to try that out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you are the coolest, AND you crack me up. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha that looks like SO MUCH FUN! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did one of these last weekend!! Looks so darling and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sarah, we're a start-up Murder Mystery Party company based in the UK (https://www.daggerville.com), and we'd like to offer you one of our games for free, in the hope that if you like it you might blog about us. They're terribly easy to organise - our website sends out the invitations directly, by email. If you're interested, get in touch at info@daggerville.com, and also please feel free to pass the offer on to other bloggers. Regards, Martin

    ReplyDelete