Saturday, November 3, 2012

A great mom/son moment brought to you by The Piano Guys

We are in Phoenix for my conference....WAY hot! I brought my 7 year old, Nate with me to the conference and we have had a lot of fun (okay....maybe I skipped out on a few sessions of the conference...shhhh!) We are staying with my brother and his wife. Tonight Nate asked to put on "cello wars" by The Piano Guys. Now, I have a long history with Jon Schmidt and The Piano Guys. I've been playing Jon Schmidt's music for over a decade now, own a bundle of his CDs and have heard him in concert several times now. And I LOVE how his career has blossomed now that he is with Steven Sharp Nelson----they do amazing stuff! Well, Nate heard "Cello Wars" and has been hooked ever since. Tonight we put it on and he did the most awesome Star Wars dance ever. Then he proceeded to dance to "What Makes You Beautiful" and then "Michael Meets Mozart". Then it was time for bed, so I said he could listen to one more Piano Guys song in the room we are sharing......and it's now been an hour an a half! We've been snuggling together and listening to every video we could find from the Piano Guys. Nate has now informed me that he wants to play the Cello and thinks that Steven Sharp Nelson is the coolest guy in the whole world. I love music so much, and particularly this style of music, so I'm obviously really thrilled about this! It was such a great moment tonight and it makes me love The Piano Guys even more!

Nate asked if we could post his favorite video, so see below. Very cool!

 
 
And here is one of my favorite Piano Guys videos:
 
 
Okay, one more.
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post. I am from Arizona, Mesa to be specific. Yes, AZ is VERY Hot. I loved the piano guys and their music is very influential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the piano guys! so amazing and talented.

    ReplyDelete