Saturday, November 17, 2012

A promise from Rapunzel

Today I wanted to take my kids to this little shop in Spanish Fork called "Signs and Wonders" (it is like the Quilted Bear). Hannah asked if I would buy her a bow. Here is how the conversation went.

Me:  "You always lose your bows"
Hannah: "I won't this time"
Me: "Hannah, you can't help it. You always manage to lose at least one bow!"
Hannah: "I promise"
Me: "I just don't believe you"
Hannah: "I PROMISE. And when I promise something, I never ever break that promise!"

Wait a sec.....that sounds familiar! I realized that I had just heard this when I showed Disney's new "I am a Princess" campaign for the Women's studies talk I did on Thursday. Yep, this line is directly from Tangled! Hannah was invited to a friend's house last night for a "late night movie" and they watched Tangled. Disney's new campaign is all about getting girls to emulate the really positive traits of princesses, and it was hilarious and also really great that Hannah picked up on this very thing after watching Tangled! Oh Disney....you will keep me in research for years to come.

Here is the "I am a Princess" video for those of you who didn't make it to the princess class. I actually really like it! It has such a great message!


And I may have bought her the bow. I'm such a sucker! This isn't from today, but here is a gorgeous picture of my little princess!


5 comments:

  1. Ah! Your daughter is so cute! I hope to have a cute daughter like that some day!
    I can't believe she was able to quote Rapunzel! This blog post made my day! I was at your "Pretty as a Princess" lecture on Thursday and absolutely loved it! I will admit I totally cried during the "I am a Princess" video that Disney made. SO great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that princess movie! I think I might show that one on my personal blog. Thanks for sharing that with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What an excellent message. For all that people knock Disney, I think they has some wonderful messages. Props to them for this video....very inspirational for girls both young and old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this Disney video! It almost felt like a Mormon Message. Your daughter is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Hannah is so cute! You're a good mom:)

    ReplyDelete