Monday, March 23, 2015

This is 40....

Well, I just popped myself up a giant tub of popcorn and turned on the TV. Sometimes I should really listen to my own lectures.....but it's just so goooood!

In other news, Paul and I watched the movie "This is 40" on TV (edited) over the weekend. Oh heavens. The characters were pretty much me and Paul (though crazier and meaner). So many of the conversations they had, we have had. My personal favorite was the toilet scene. The mom likes to run and is really concerned about the effect of media on her kids. They even look like us just a little bit. And it's all about transitioning into your 40s, which heaven help me, is not too far away! The woman was freaking out about turning 40 but then decided just to have "joy" and live in the moment. Which I think is great. When I was a kid I thought 40 was SO OLD. Most of you are in your early 20s and are probably thinking the same thing! But I will actually BE in my 40s in just a couple of years. Which, if you ask my grandma, is still pretty darn young :)


1 comment:

  1. Ah changes haha. I haven't seen this movie but I love it when movies are made about uncomfortable changes we go through. It brings humor to those times of life so that when we actually go through those changes, we have somethings to laugh at.

    ReplyDelete