Thursday, September 3, 2020

Saving Hope

 So if you know me, you know that I am obsessed with medical dramas. I've pretty much seen them all! ER, Grey's Anatomy, House, New Amsterdam, The Resident, Scrubs, Private Practice, etc. etc. etc. I wanted to be a doctor when I was a kid (and my dad is a doctor) so I've been fascinated with medical type stuff. In a different life I would probably become an OBGYN doc because I'm passionate about female health and I love the miracle of birth!

So I was excited when I found this Canadian media drama called "Saving Hope". This program has a bit of a supernatural element to it and some religious undertones, which I like (and is rare on TV these days). The characters are great and I only have one episode left!! 

Saving Hope (TV Series 2012–2017) - IMDb

The craziest episode was one that was done a few years ago and was about a novel coronavirus that was discovered in Africa, was brought to the USA, caused severe respiratory distress, and had a high death rate. I think I watched this in April and I was completely shocked when I figured out the topic of the episode. Holy crap. Luckily, in this one, they quickly isolated the infected individuals and shut the whole thing down in like 3 days. Wouldn't that be nice?! 

2 comments:

  1. I've watched both Madame Secretary and Designated Survivor since March and was shocked to see how some storylines so closely paralleled current world events. I need to check out Saving Hope now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with medical dramas too! They're just so fun to watch! I used to be planning on going to nursing school, and I got my CNA in highschool. Whenever I watch a medical show, I always find ways that they don't do a procedure right, or they don't put on/take off their PPE, and it drives me NUTS! I have some friends who are nurses and it's the same for them too!

    ReplyDelete