Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Mine

I just put Nathan to bed. We read the book, "I love you forever". This book describes the mother/son relationship as the little boy grows up. In the book, the mom always rocks the son and sings the song
"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be"



After we finished the book, Nathan looked up at me with his big blue eyes, and said "Mom, can you pick me up and rock me back and forth and sing to me?" Of course I'm saying yes to that!

So, I pick him up (he's getting really heavy) and rock him back and forth and sing him "Baby Mine", the lullaby from Dumbo.



This is the first song I sang to him when he was born and it's kind of "our song". As I held my son, and looked into his serene, sweet face, I couldn't help but be thankful for good media that bring on perfect moments like this.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that is so cute! I adore that book! Thank you for a great example of positive media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable!

    And I LOVED that book when I was little. Fantastic story, cute pictures, and great message. I wonder if my parents still have it somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute :). Being pregnant makes me so emotional when it comes to babies and motherhood that I'm fighting back the tears...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the cutest mom :) That is my dad and mine's favorite book, even till this day! And that song always makes me tear up. So good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have sentimental value attached to this book. And I remember, even as a kid, getting a little tenderized by Dumbo and his mother. Man, the media can really play with your emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!" My mom actually made up a melody to go to the that poem, and I sang it for my husband the other day and he was like, "what the heck was that?" and I told him he had had an incomplete childhood.

    ReplyDelete