Sunday, September 13, 2009

Primary Presentation

Best Sacrament meeting of the whole year in my opinion!

Today was my little Nathan's (age 4 1/2) primary presentation. We live in a newer area with a TON of young families, so we have nearly 200 kids in the primary! Crazy! Our primary president is a genius. She asked the kids to complete the saying: "The thing I love most about the temple is...." and that's their part in the program. So, Nathan is really shy, but he stood up at the microphone and proudly announced, "The thing I love most about the temple is that it gets our family together again." Tear! :)

A picture of me and Nate


So, why is this post about media? Well, the kids sang a song I hadn't heard, called "The Family is of God". It was BEAUTIFUL! I totally cried, and I don't really cry that easily. But, it really was just gorgeous. I was trying to remember the words, but couldn't, so I googled it, and of course found it in like 3 seconds. Hooray for the Internet! And for beautiful music. And mostly for sweet, innocent children singing their little hearts out about how much they love their family. Here is a link to the Friend website where you can download the song: http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,8218-1,00.html.

2 comments:

  1. Primary programs are the best:) I love their sweet voices. Mmm, your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true! My husband and I got to be in charge of the 6 yr. olds in our ward's primary program yesterday, and it was adorable. I have learned a lot from some of the newer primary songs I have sang in this calling, including the song you were referencing. Some of the most beautiful and simple truths are found in primary songs and lessons!

    ReplyDelete