Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dancing water

Today was parent's day at Hannah's dance class. Now, I know I'm not big on gender stereotypes, and Hannah also does soccer, tennis, and Brazilian jiu jitsu, but let me tell you a secret. There are few things in this life that give me as much joy as seeing my little girl dance. It just makes me so happy every time!!

A few pictures I took right before her last recital





Well, at dance class today they gave us just a little sneak preview for their upcoming recital in May. The dance they will be doing is called "dancing water" and they will go through the entire water cycle through dance. Very creative. And guess what song they are using?



Yep, if you remember back to our music lecture, this was the song that I would "be" if I was a song! I'm so excited - and it is perfect for the theme. As I watched Hannah dance to "Waterfall" today, pretending she was a floating raindrop, I just felt really, really, happy. I can't explain it -it's like everything was okay with the world all of a sudden.


5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love this. It's amazing how music and dance can influence us. Using our talents for good can make a difference and we can feel that everything is "okay with the world all of a sudden."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I think that music and dance are definately strong media influences today! I especially love when dance choreographers use their dancers to be inspirational to their audiences! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waterfall is pretty much the best song ever. I feel so much peace when I listen to piano music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waterfall is amazing...it really makes you feel like you're floating! That's great about your daughter being able to dance to this song!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't wait until I have a daughter and get to put her in dance. I wish I would have gotten into dance more when I was young. What a neat experience to be able to watch your daughter dance!

    ReplyDelete