Thursday, May 24, 2012

How chocolate clusters helped me love the movie Waterworld

Today my daughter, Hannah, and I made one of our very favorite treats: Chocolate clusters. They are no-bake cookies, extremely easy, and are delish!

Every time I make them I think of the movie Waterworld, with Kevin Costner. I am probably one of the only people on the entire planet who thought this movie was really good. I was a teenager when it came out, and I remember making chocolate clusters that day, putting them in the freezer, and then eating like 10 of them throughout the course of the movie. Sooooooooo yummy! I blame it on classical conditioning: I have definitely paired the movie with these treats, and now remember it with fondness!

You know the treats must be good if they helped me to like this particular film! Here is the recipe in case you want to try it out.

Ingredients
1/3 c butter
15 large marshmallows
1 bag of chocolate chips
1tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c of coconut
1 1/2 c of oats
1/4 c water

melt butter in large pot on medium heat. When melted, stir in marshmallows and mix until smooth. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add vanilla, coconut, oats, and water and stir until mixed. Spoon into balls onto a foil covered cookie sheet and put in fridge. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You and my dad! He loved that movie so much! Those treats sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA you and MY DAD. He was OBSESSED with this movie. I mean obsessed. Like, we were required to watch this movie with him on several occasions. I think he made us watch all the Kevin Costner movies... I can't believe other people actually know about this movie, I thought it was one of those weirdo only dad knows films... haha jk I actually think it's a great movie.

    ReplyDelete