Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Media = death?????

Weird conversation the other night!

My husband was watching some random show last night. Suddenly he turns to me, and says, "What do you want to do with your body when you die?"

I turn to look what's on his screen and it is somebody spreading his wife's ashes in the ocean.

So, then we have like a 30 minute, rather morbid conversation, about what we want our funerals to be like, and what we want to happen.


I didn't want too post too morbid of a picture, so chose a cute one of Jack Skellington....how cute is this guy?



















Me, I'm very traditional, happy to be buried in Spanish Fork cemetery. Paul, on the other hand, just wants to go the very cheapest route. What's the point of spending anywhere from $6000-$10,000 on a funeral? He decided that he wants to be cremated, and I should spread half of his ashes in Ireland (where he was born), and the other half in the center of Old Trafford (where Manchester United play....though I'm pretty sure if I tried this, I would get arrested!). And some on his dad's grave so he can haunt him in the after life! :) Okay, I think he was teasing about most of that, but I thought it was a really interesting conversation to be had, all spurred on by.....the media!

1 comment:

  1. i love that you had that talk with your husband... i have a feeling that my boyfriend would ask me the same question lol

    ReplyDelete