Saturday, March 30, 2013

Maternity photo shoot

I'm going to get a bit personal here, but pregnancy is TOUGH! Between working a full time job and raising three young kids on top of everything else in my day, I go to bed exhausted most evenings. I've had some health issues that I won't go into here, that have made this pregnancy particularly hard.

Well, my husband is awesome - for Christmas he got me a maternity photo shoot, which I've never done. This is such a luxury I would NEVER think of getting it for myself, but I thought it was such a thoughtful gift that I went along with it. The shoot was a couple of weeks ago and the photographer has a blog (here is my media tie in) that she posts photos from her sessions. I won't be able to view the whole photo session for about another week, but she posted just a few on her blog that have kept me going the last few weeks. Pregnancy really is beautiful and these pictures remind me why I am putting myself through this wretchedness - for FAMILY. It is a sacrifice, but so worth it in the end. I love my little family so much - they mean everything in the world to me, and I'm grateful for these pictures for capturing a few precious moments I will treasure forever.

I've changed my family photo for the blog, and here are two others that I just love! You need to click on the second one to see the great detail, and the look on my baby boy's face! Priceless!






And a plug for the photographer -  her name is Sarah Woods from Remember When photography. This photographer is SOOO talented! I'd highly recommend her for wedding pictures, newborn pics, whatever - she does it all! Her website is www.photographybyrememberwhen.com so check it out if you are looking for a photographer!


9 comments:

  1. These pictures look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Coyne, these are amazing!!!! What sweet, tender moments!!!! I'm so happy you got to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! You are an adorable pregnant lady bytheway- and have the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest pictures! I love them! You have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually a photographer, so I particularly enjoyed this post. :) I LOVE the pictures you've posted so far; be sure to post more! Just for fun *cough* shameless advertising *cough* you should check out some of my photos! :) I've actually got a link to my temporary site on my blog. Just sayin'... ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get over how adorable your children are! But that really isn't that surprising, is it?

    I love it when professors let us see a little of their families. It's just so great! Thank you for being one of the great professors here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Family! Thanks for sharing! By the way, I would never guess that you're having a rough pregnancy. You handle it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad that you got to capture those sweet, sweet moments with your family. And thank you making such a sacrifice.. the other day I was thinking, you are amazing! Because that can't be easy. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha yesss pregnancy is awful! your students would love it if you cancelled finals ;) beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete